If you are a watch wearer, or if you are looking to buy one for the first time, the huge number of options for you to choose from can be intimidating. If you do not know anything about choosing the right wristwatch, then this article is definitely going to help you make that decision. Let us go ahead and cover all of the basics of everything that you have been looking for when choosing and wearing this timepiece.
All About The Watch Movements
When you get to familiarize yourself with the watches one of the most important features that you have to consider is its “movement.” This is not only about how it sweeps around its face but also is all about its inner mechanisms that produce the effect. Its movement is important when it comes to how it works in keeping the time. The ‘movement’ is considered the heart of the watch.
Here are the three types of watch movements:
- A mechanical’s watch movement is powered by its mainspring or the coiled metal wire that is wound by its hand which causes the second hand to move in a smooth, sweeping motion. For many watch enthusiasts, mechanical watches are the most preferred among these different types of watches.
- Also known as “self-winding” watching, these watches are somewhat similar to mechanical watches as they are also powered by a mainspring and use gears to move the watch hands. But you do not have to hand-wind the watch to keep it working. Your own movement will wind up the mainspring of the watch.
- For average watch wearers, this is the most common watch that you can find in the market these days. This is because they are not only accurate, but they are also very affordable. Instead of being powered by a mainspring, the quartz watch movement uses an electricity from a small battery. Because of this, they are more accurate and can withstand the test of time compared to mechanical or automatic watches.
Different Watch Styles For Men
There may be different styles of wristwatches for you to choose from, but there are only a few that you can wear to complete an outfit. Functional watches may be helpful when telling the time, but these kinds of watches will not look good on a suit or maybe for officewear. So for stylish wristwatches for men, there are five types that you can choose from.
- This watch is simple and sophisticated because of its sleek design. They are typically thin and circular, rectangular, square in shape. Its face displays simple hour indexes like saber-style indexes or small Arabic numerals. These watches can be typically worn for dressier and more formal occasions.
- These were originally designed for officers of the WWI who needed to coordinate attacks, tell the time even at night, and used as a sports wristwatch that is specifically made to stand the test of time. They can range from small to medium sizes and its face is functional with easy to read indexes.
- This is one of the most common types of watches that men wear. These watches are specifically designed for people who spend a lot of time in or near the water. They are water resistant of up to 100m. The face is usually bold and easy to read with Arabic numbering but the 12-hour numerals are often positioned with hash marks and with seconds that are displayed in 15-second increments.
- Aviator. Unlike other watches, the aviator watches have a firm and very distinctive style. They may range from medium to large sizes and its face is designed for easy ready. Pilot watches have an oversized dial with clean and legible numbers and usually comes with luminous hands to make reading the time easier. These watches are more fit for casual get-ups.
- Racecar driving needs their time to be accurate. This is why racing wristwatches are becoming more and more popular too. They tend to be flashier compared to a dive or pilot watches because they look bolder and more suitable for casual than formal wear.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your first wristwatch today and choose the style that would fit your fashion preference. But always remember that wearing a luxury watch may be a status symbol, but if your budget will not allow, there are now plenty of swiss replica watches that you can find in the market these days. You get to be trendy without hurting your budget.